Wednesday, August 13, 2014

8/13/2014: Simplicity 3833 Preview

I swear I am working on a project. I am sewing the (possibly, I have sleeves cut) sleeveless version of Simplicity 3833, which is a retro reprint I picked up in my pattern haul from Joann's 5 for $5 sale.


This pattern appears to be very popular around the internet, so I have had no problem finding examples of this already sewn. I actually have the whole dress sewn already. It is too long, so it needs hemming, and I need to add neck and armhole facing… possibly a little more taking at the waist. I know it is a shift dress but eh.


Here is a little peeky at my first ever lapped zipper. I started out following the package instructions but soon realized they would not be sufficient. I turned to google for a tutorial instead. The fabric is a discount buy from Joann's. I think it was possibly quilting fabric but it is not itchy which is a plus. I love the pattern, husband of course does not. Oh well, this will likely be my date dress for Friday (our anniversary)!

No comments:

Post a Comment