Thursday, August 14, 2014

8/14/2014: Pattern Haul

August 7-9 Joann's had some huge sale like they always do, but this time they included a 5 for $5 simplicity pattern sale. So it is not that I exactly needed patterns or anything, but you really can't pass up $1 patterns when they are normally so much more. So I got 10.  I apologize for the less than great quality of these pictures.

I am very excited about this one - #1: Simplicity 1325
 I includes a sweet jumper/romper, a long sleeve shirt, questionable pants, and a jacket. That jumper looks super cute, and I since have a navy long sleeve shirt I can wear with it, that is probably what I will make first.

#2: Simplicity 3833
I talked about this in my last post. I am making the sleeveless version in a not-mini version. This pattern is a reprint of simplicity 8498 which also includes a long version, and I believe the bust darts are higher.  Might look into getting that off the internet for comparison of fit if my dress turns out.

#3: Lisette for Simplicity 2246
This cute shirt dress situation might have to wait until I get a new machine because making one 4-step buttonhole on my Singer is a bitch, let alone 6 buttonholes. Top dress is cute too, odd fabric choice though.

#4: Lisette for Simplicity 1419
This adorable peter pan collar dress has cute little cap sleeves or a sleeveless option and pockets! Also ruffled jacket.

#5: Simplicity 1800
Not sure if this will be amazing or not. It has pockets which I like, but the sleeves have little slits. Hmm. Looks cute though.

#6: Simplicity 2447
I want to practice making shirts so this seems like an easy pattern (easy-to sew?…). Maybe without all the ruffly bits though. I do like the sleeveless button up, I usually buy those for work.

#7: Project Runway for Simplicity 1687
Project Runway pattern with sleeveless, short sleeves, 3/4 sleeve options plus pockets and optional zippers for pockets. Hmm.

#8:Project Runway for Simplicity 1418
Project Runway pattern with multiple bodice options.

#9: Project Runway for Simplicity 1610
Project Runway pattern with 2 bodice options, cap sleeves, 2 skirt lengths.

#10: Leanne Marshall for Simplicity 1690
This really cute Leanne Marshall pattern I have been coveting for some time. I don't know if I will ever be brave enough to make the dress but the skirt reminds me of the pinwheel skirt by Elle Apparel so it will probably get made. Plus the shirt looks easy, I think it is two pieces.

I have A LOT to work with right now, but really only one item is a knit pattern (the long sleeve shirt) along with the pajamas pattern I also have because I am a huge baby. I need to get over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment