Thursday, July 31, 2014

7/31/2014: Patterns

I found these 3 discontinued patterns at Yardage Town at the beginning of July:



Because, you know, everyone needs these. Obviously that is why they were discontinued. Simplicity decided to get crazy and it clearly did not work out for them. Especially with the jackets :/
Joann's is having a crazy sale right now on a lot of things in the store including patterns (more on my other purchases later). Simplicity patterns were $1.99, and July is student discount month so it was an additional 20% off. I got 4 patterns for $6.50, total bargain.


These are all of the patterns I currently have. By necessity for my Comic Con Costume, I have a wedding dress pattern (McCalls 5321) because Corset! and an odd shirt pattern (McCalls 6795) that I used for the puff sleeve but modified the crap out of. At the same time I got those two, I also purchased the vintage 1940's  simplicity pattern (Simplicity 3688) which includes a skirt suit, high waisted pants, and shirt. I have seen some good renditions of the shirt and a few of the pants. I want to try to make the shirt. Today I purchased 2 new vintage simplicity patterns (Simplicity 1692 and Simplicity 1364). I am interested in trying out a new shirt because that seems pretty easy. too bad I didn't buy any zippers, I will have to go back to Joanns. I also got a pajama pattern (Simplicity 2317) and a really cute collared dress pattern (Simplicity 1755). 

I am really excited to try the pajamas, haha, because I want to learn to sew with knits and the little shorts and tank seems perfect. Plus, I found that I have at least 2 yards or more of this cute flannel so I could make myself a nightshirt/robe thing.

I got some turquoise fabric today that I plan on making one of the sleeveless tops from Simplicity 1364, so that will be my next weekend sewing project.


No comments:

Post a Comment