Wednesday, September 17, 2014

9/17/2014: Sewing Room (or Office, but I prefer sewing room)

I have been meaning to post this for a bit but just got around to it. While sewing my Ariel Dress I rearranged the office to make it more sewing-friendly. I also covered our wooden desk with a microfiber sheet so that my fabric had no chance of getting snagged or messed up in any way. I think I need to add a plastic tablecloth on it as well to help the fabric slide but it works for now.
My supplies setup was just a few random boxes but Joann had some crazy sales and student discount month in July. I picked up a variety of snap boxes to help me with my semi-OCD organizational needs. All of my fabric is put away nice and neat now. 
During August,  I also stopped by Ikea and picked some other supplies and I ended up with this:
Try to ignore the piles of junk on the desk, the are not actually there I swear. Also that blue bag is full of yarn and it is now in the cabinet behind the fabric boxes. I got a Ribba shelf which is actually for hanging pictures up but all of my notions fit very well. I also purchased 6 Bygel containers. Normally these are meant to hang on a rod in the kitchen (I have one over my sink that holds the dish soap) but they attach perfectly to the shelf. They all hold something different: zippers; crochet needles; elastic; scissors; bias tape; buttons. Yes, that is the Sewtionary you see there from Sewaholic and yes it is as cool as you hope.

1 comment:

  1. Leah, you're sew innovative! I love your blog.

    Other mom, Toni

    ReplyDelete